Saturday, April 10, 2010

To Nihal Singh Wala (My Maternal Village)

After finishing my +1 exams i thought of going to Nihal Singh Wala to meet my maternal grandparents. So , I left for the village on the very day on which i had my last exam. I sat in a bus heading toward Bathinda and took the ticket for Sangrur. While there was still time for bus to start a lady with her mother and child came and sat on the seat beside me. She asked me , ''where are you going ?" . I took me a while to think what to say as I was going to Nihal Singh Wala but the bus was not going toward that , hence i came to conclusion and said , "Sangrur". The time till Sangrur passed by playing with that woman's child .

From Sangrur, I sat in a bus for Barnala. After 10-15 minutes , i was about to sleep that suddenly a mob from Mastuana Gurudwara rushed into the bus and within a few seconds bus was completely full with not even a step to move and i gave my seat to an old woman of my grand mother's age as she claimed of having pain in her joints. The way till Dhanaula passed very uncomfortablly but i was proud to help an old woman . Then i reached Barnala and refreshed myself with some Popcorns and Cold Drink and took the bus for Himmatpura Bridges.

As I reached the bridges , there was no three wheeler Tempo over there and it was bound to take another 10-15 minutes to come, so to pass my time , i got under the bridges and saw a herd of Goats and Sheep and got a few pics of them and some of them really looked nice. Then the Tempo came and even if i could have had seat but i preferred to stand at the back 'cause it was more comfortable. I breathe a sigh of relief after reaching the village as i am a patient of Hodophobia ( Fear of Travel ) , not to that extent that i couldn't travel but i feel very uncomfortable .

3 comments:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Satdeep. Satdeep said: To Nihal Singh Wala (My Maternal Village): http://wp.me/pShnB-5v [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-Duper site! I am loving it!! Will come back again - taking your feeds too now, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics. It seems U have a nice flair for travel writing.
    Forget about your phobia and keep the good work continue.

    - navneet

    ReplyDelete